Feb 9, 2012

LC/ MS: Losing Control (of) My Sanity :)

I spent the entire day yesterday lost, but in a good way. By the end of my undergraduate career I will owe a lot of my success to a lot of other people. Dr. John Barry at BBC is letting us use his HPLC, LCMS, and Elisa machines at will as long as we provide standards for our samples. I won't lie, it's fun. I don't know why, but it is. Maybe because it allows the perfectionist in me to come out and play without being criticized. I'm so excited, I almost can't believe its all happening. I literally stood in front of the machine yesterday that will define the next year of my life. I got a taste. I will spend countless hours at monkey jungle and countless hours at the lab over the next year, countless weekends and nights - and I'm excited. I am a ballsy undergraduate, and I will make an even ballsier graduate student.

I can't wait to run my first urine sample. I just might cry from joy! :) Seriously.

All in all, the festival during the weekend was fantastic. It was a nice turnout, and the talk by Angela Maldonado was inspiring. There was Amazonian fruit, Brazilian dancers, and lots of talk about what else? Primates. It was a really nice afternoon.

Dr. Angela Maldonado & Thomas from Entropika.

With Jay & Bruce, the team I worked with on social anointing.

The lungs of the world. 

More urine collections and observations, my hypothesis is finally coming together. I think I've decided on something I'll stick with, and it means only a slight adjustment to my methods. The only thing I want at the moment is to watch the antics of Wookie & Austin, I think I will make time for them tonight. (: 



No comments:

Post a Comment