Feb 21, 2012

Long lost urine...

I found myself watching monkeys last night, or lately I should say and when they urinate the thought that goes through my head is always along the lines of: "Nooo! Long lost urine! You could've been mine!" Yes, it's that serious. Almost heartbreaking at moments, especially when an individual urinates that you had been trying so hard to collect from.

Mrs. Fuzzy, begging: "Please?"

Mr. Fuzzy eating his marshmallows, after feverishly rubbing himself.
Alas, it's been an insanely busy week at the Conservancy. Today there was about 11 people in the woods (unhappy face insert here). WAY too many people. Thank God for Larissa who was watching Spruce be re-introduced to Connie with me, I had to hand her my clipboard half way through, because I had a migraine I felt was splitting my head in two. Spruce is on the floor. At least, that is where I left him. I think Connie smells Lilac on him and is super pissed off. I'm sure in the wild she would have rejected him. I mean, wouldn't you reject someone who left you for someone else? If only I could talk to her I'd say: "It wasn't his choice, it was ours, silly humans - and he was very unhappy." Maybe he'll speak up for himself and they can chill out again, all our cortisol levels could go down.


I had another run in with anointing yesterday. I had a photoshoot with the Fuzzies. Literally, that's what it felt like. Oh, and they asked me to anoint them. When they ran out of cinnamon coated marshmallows they looked at me, face to face, almost begging me...so I rubbed them with my cinnamon paper. They were in heaven. Obviously, they derive pleasure from this. Who can watch them and say they don't? Only someone with no common sense.

Connection and communication that occurs
without words is the most amazing kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment