Jan 5, 2012

Clicker Training?

The elusive clicker. I used it to teach my dogs numerous commands - sit, down, stay, roll over. The idea is that once you get desired X result, you click, then treat. It helps add additional positive reinforcement. I was handed one today, and I was actually quite excited but ended up not using it because I had an unsuccessful evening in terms of urine collection. I'll make sure I update on how it goes.


I went in today to organize all the urine samples we've collected from August to present time. There will be a more efficient system in place once Spring semester starts on Monday, a more orderly one at that too. It's a good and easy way for me to be accountable for each day of urine collection, and to try to match my behavioral observations to the dates samples are collected.



I wonder what they think many times. I went to sit in the enclosure with Yanni & Pinegirl today and they were looking at me like I was an alien species. Sure we feed them, but why on earth was I sitting on their floor? They are so curious they tried to make sense of it, which I understand and respect. If only there was owl monkey talk for "May you please urinate for me?" They kept inching up towards me, analyzing me, and then bouncing away. Literally "bouncing" since some of the enclosure bars have a spring to them if they walk on them to fast.

Life is like a night in the owl monkey woods, you never know what you're going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment